During the first visit of a site a potential client pays attention to such important factors as design, usability, efficiency of feedback and, of course, the speed of the site. The last factor is the most important. The low speed of the site can lead to the fact that a user who wants to make a purchase may simply not wait for an answer and go to a competitor, which will reduce the profitability of the resource. That is why the website of every businessman who wants to receive good income must work quickly and without interruption.
It is important to understand that the speed of the Internet resource largely depends on the hosting – a service that ensures the placement of a site on a server that is constantly on the network. If the operation of this service is unsatisfactory, then the business owner must necessarily migrate the site to a new hosting.
IN WHAT CASES YOU SHOULD ORDER MIGRATING TO A NEW CMS
Website promotion experts recommend Internet portal migrating if the following problems are observed:
- low speed of the site, which does not allow fulfilling an order or promptly contacting the operator / manager for contacts posted on the site;
- frequent lack of access to the resource;
- a noticeable deterioration in the services provided by the hoster, provider;
- overestimation of the cost in relation to the provided functionality;
- frequent lack of communication with the hosting manager and poor service of your resource by the provider.
CAN YOU DO SITE MIGRATING YOURSELVES?
Experts strongly advise against migrating a site to a new hosting on your own. This is due to the fact that in order to perform such an action, certain knowledge is required, namely, an understanding of the technical process and knowledge of programming languages.
Of course, self-migrating will require significantly lower financial costs. However, carrying out this operation without the help of specialists, the business owner is at great risk. It can not only deprive customers of access to the site and lose absolutely all data, but also significantly reduce the profitability of their own business.
WHAT IS NECESSARY FOR SITE MIGRATING?
To migrate the site, specialists will need to provide certain data from the owner. First of all, the contractor will be needed to provide access to the old hosting. This way experts will be able to access all the necessary information for the migrating.
The business owner will then need to give the contractor access to the domain name settings. This allows reconfiguring the domain to a new hosting.
The last thing the experts need is to provide the customer’s email address and phone number. Thus, they will be able to create a resource wholly owned by the business owner.
HOW IS THE MIGRATING PERFORMED
The process of transferring an Internet resource consists of several stages and includes:
- getting access;
- creating backup copies of data and the site itself;
- hosting pre-configuration process;
- completion of the migration process error correction.
It should be noted that before starting the above procedures, the site owner is advised to carefully plan the time of work. It is recommended to be done at night or on holidays when the resource is visited by the least number of users. Performing the migration during this period will allow to minimize the level of financial losses.
WHY YOU SHOULD TRUST WORK TO PROFESSIONALS
There are several reasons why this process should be entrusted to professionals. These include:
- ensuring a minimum interruption in the work of the site;
- saving and synchronizing all data;
- providing quality assurance and correcting all errors;
- it will take more than 1 day to complete the work;
- providing assistance in choosing the best hosting based on location and analyzing competitors’ prices.
Moreover, professionals are always worried about their reputation. Therefore, contacting them for help guarantees complete confidentiality and security of personal data.